Children can learn a lot from doing household chores. Involving children in household chores can help develop a sense of responsibility, and encourage key developmental skills that they will need as they grow older!
But, we would argue that all chores need to be age-appropriate! As your child grows older, you can introduce new tasks that they can help with. If you’re looking for ideas and inspiration, read ahead!
- Put toys away
- Put books away
- Set placemats on the table
- Help with groceries, where possible
- Help get school clothes laid out ready
- Help with feeding pets
- Help with watering plants
- Help with meal prep
- Help with post-meal cleanup
Obviously, each family is different! If you want to do different chores, more chores, or no chores at all – it’s all up to you!